Putting an End to Your Cold Showers
There’s no worse way to start your day than to get a blast of freezing cold water instead of the hot shower you anticipated. Not only are you in a bad mood due to the surprise, but now you need to call a plumber for water heater repair. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Los Feliz plumbers have over 50 years of experience and are available 24/7 to restore your hot water. When you work with us, you don’t have to worry about pushy sales tactics; instead, we provide honest service without upselling.
We offer a full range of services for your water heater. Whatever service your water heater needs, we can provide it!Contact Us
What Are Signs You Need Water Heater Repair?
While one of the easiest ways to tell that your water heater needs to be fixed is an icy shower, there are other, more subtle signs to be aware of. One of the reasons it’s important to be aware of such signs is because noticing them quickly could be the difference between needing repairs and needing a replacement.
Call us for water heater repair in Los Feliz or Glendale if you notice any of the following:
- You’ve had your current water heater for a long time. The average lifespan for a traditional water heater is between 10-15 years, depending on how well it’s maintained. If your unit is around this age, or older, we recommend having it inspected.
- Your unit makes loud sounds. Your unit should never make noticeably loud sounds. If you hear loud snapping, popping, clanking or groaning sounds, it could be the result of minerals building up within your unit, causing it to overheat.
- Your unit doesn’t produce enough heat. Your water heater should produce water that’s hot enough for you to bathe, shower, and/or wash your clothes in. If it’s consistently producing lukewarm water, chances are it’s in need of repairs.
- There’s a weird smell or taste to the water. There should never be a foul odor or taste to the water dispensed from your water heater. If it has one, it could be due to mineral build up in your tank that flakes and falls into the water.
- Your water pressure is too low. Due to the potential for mineral build up, your water heater needs to be periodically flushed and cleaned. Therefore, if you’re dealing with water pressure issues, chances are it’s in need of another flushing.
- Your unit is leaking. If you notice a pool of water around your water heater, it could be due to a crack in the tank.
- Your water is discolored. If you’re seeing reddish-brown water, it could be that the interior is rusting.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
We understand having a nonfunctioning water heater is frustrating, especially because it can disrupt your routine. We promise we will always opt for repairs if they are possible. However, there are some instances where a replacement is more sensible.
We recommend that you replace your water heater if:
- Your water heater is 10 or more years old. If you have a tank water heater, it's not uncommon for it to start to show signs of wear and tear when it's around 8 years old. In fact, the general lifespan of a well maintained tank water heater is 8-12 years for a gas-powered one and 10-15 years for an electric-powered one. If your unit has reached the end of its traditional lifespan, it might make more sense to invest in a new one.
- Your energy bills are increasing. Are you having to turn the dial more to achieve a comfortable temperature when you shower? This could be a sign that your unit is losing efficiency. This means that it must work harder to keep your water the temperature you desire, which then leads to higher energy bills. If you've got an older unit that is clearly losing efficiency and causing your bills to skyrocket, it is more cost effective to replace it with a newer, more efficient model.
- You need more frequent or more costly repairs. If you've had to call us for repairs more and more often, or if the repairs equate to 50% or more of the cost of a new unit, we highly recommend replacing your water heater. You might even decide you want to save space as well as save money on your energy bills and invest in a tankless model.
“Very efficient and professional, and showed up for a same day emergency on short notice!”- ElectroYogi Electrolysis
“The company sent out the plumber the same day and found the leak and fixed the problem, very professional.”- Tracey V.
“Responsive, attentive and always watching over the process to make sure everything is being done right. He’s our guy for life!”- Valentine F.
When you schedule service, our licensed plumbers will arrive on time in our clean vehicles, fully stocked with the latest plumbing technology. We will take the time to carefully inspect your unit, always looking for possible repairs before we suggest replacement. Throughout the years, we’ve become the plumbing company of choice in the area due to our passion for what we do and dedication to our customers. Read what past customers have to say and then give us a call at (323) 629-4627 to schedule Los Feliz water heater repair.