Water Heater Repair in Los Feliz
Putting an End to Your Cold Showers
There’s no worse way to start your day than to get a blast of freezing cold water instead of the hot shower you anticipated. Not only are you in a bad mood due to the surprise, but now you need to call a plumber to repair your water heater.
Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. Our Los Feliz plumbers at have over 50 years of experience and are available 24/7 to restore your hot water. When you work with us, you don’t have to worry about pushy sales tactics; instead, we provide honest service without upselling.
What Are Signs You Need Water Heater Repair?
While one of the easiest ways to tell that your water heater needs to be fixed is an icy shower, there are other, more subtle signs to be aware of. One of the reasons it’s important to be aware of such signs is because noticing them quickly could be the difference between needing repairs and needing a replacement.
Our plumbers recommend calling us for Los Feliz water heater repair if you notice any of the following:
- You’ve had your current water heater for a long time: The average lifespan for a traditional water heater is between 10-15 years, depending on how well it’s maintained. If your unit is around this age, or older, we recommend having it inspected.
- Your unit makes loud sounds: While your unit will make a little bit of noise while it’s operating, it should never make noticeably loud sounds. If you hear any loud snapping, popping, clanking or groaning sounds, it could be the result of minerals building up within your unit, causing it to overheat.
- Your unit doesn’t produce enough heat: Your water heater should produce water that’s hot enough for you to bathe, shower, wash dishes, and/or wash your clothes in. If it’s consistently producing lukewarm water, chances are it’s in need of repairs.
- There’s a weird smell or taste to the water: There should never be a foul odor or taste to the water dispensed from your water heater. If it has one, it could be due to mineral build up in your tank that flakes and falls into the water.
- Your water pressure is too low: Only getting a tiny trickle from your faucet? Due to the potential for mineral build up, your water heater needs to be periodically flushed and cleaned. Therefore, if you’re dealing with water pressure issues, chances are that it’s in need of another flushing.
- Your unit is leaking: If you notice a pool of water around your water heater, it could be due to a crack in the tank.
- Your water is discolored: If you’re seeing reddish-brown water coming from your faucets, it could be that the interior of your water heater is rusting.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
At Nautilus Plumbing, understand that having a nonfunctioning water heater is frustrating, especially because it can disrupt your daily routine. We promise that we will always opt for repairs if they are possible. However, there are some instances where a replacement is a more sensible option.
We recommend that you replace your water heater if:
- Your water heater is 10 or more years old: If you have a tank water heater, it's not uncommon for it to start to show signs of wear and tear when it's around 8 years old. In fact, the general lifespan of a well maintained tank water heater is 8-12 years for a gas-powered one and 10-15 years for an electric-powered one. If your unit has reached the end of its traditional lifespan, it might make more sense to invest in a new one.
- Your energy bills are increasing: Are you having to turn the dial more and more to achieve a comfortable temperature when you shower? This could be a sign that your unit is losing efficiency. This means that it must work harder to keep your water the temperature you desire, which then leads to higher energy bills. If you've got an older unit that is clearly losing efficiency and causing your bills to skyrocket, it is more cost effective to replace it with a newer, more efficient model.
- You need more frequent or more costly repairs: If you've had to call us for repairs more and more often, or if the repairs equate to 50% or more of the cost of a new unit, we highly recommend replacing your water heater. You might even decide you want to save space as well as save money on your energy bills and invest in a tankless model.
What You Get When You Work with Us
When you schedule service, our licensed plumbers will arrive on time in our clean vehicles, fully stocked with the latest plumbing technology. We will take the time to carefully inspect your unit, always looking for possible repairs before we suggest replacement. Throughout the years, we’ve become the plumbing company of choice in the area due to our passion for what we do and dedication to our customers.
$100 Off Water Heater InstallationValid from Aug 15, 2020 - Dec 31, 2021
$350 Off Sewer & Drain Replacement *Over $1,500.Valid from Aug 15, 2020 - Dec 31, 2021
$150 Wall & Floor Heater Check Up! Restrictions may apply. Call today for more details!Valid from Feb 12, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021
$250 Tankless Water Heater Check Up! Restrictions may apply. Call today for more details!Valid from Feb 12, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021
$150 Tank Water Heater Check Up! Restrictions may apply. Call today for more details!Valid from Feb 12, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021
$250 Preventative Maintenance Restrictions may apply. Call today for more details!Valid from Feb 12, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021
$150 Sump Pump Check Up! Restrictions may apply. Call today for more details!Valid from Feb 12, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021